WAYS TO IDENTIFY YOUR ENGINE
UNDERSTAND YOUR ENGINE PLATE, KNOW THE PARTS YOU NEED FOR YOUR ENGINE
Over the years Perkins has produced hundreds of different engines and each can have many different variants. So how do you know the exact specification of your engine? All the information you need about your engine is included in the serial number on your engine plate, which you can use to find the parts to fit on your engine.
WHERE CAN I FIND MY SERIAL NUMBER?
The engine serial number is on a metal plate attached to the block, typically found on the left-hand side of the engine. The position of the engine plate varies across different engine series. You can find the position of your plate using the table below.
|C or F
|B or G
|J or N
|I or O
|1106D including PK
|C or L
|H or J
|D or R
ENGINE SERIAL NUMBER COMPOSITION
The engine serial number is made up of several components. For example, a full engine serial number could be PJ12345U123456P.
The engine serial number is the complete number shown. This is made up of
- the list number or build list, typically 2 to 4 letters followed by 4 or 5 numbers
- a letter identifying the country
- a series of numbers showing the build line, also called a serial number
- a letter indicating the year of manufacture
|PJ: is the engine family, in this case 1106D-E66TA
|12345: is the engine build type number or engine order reference
|U: is the country of manufacture, in this case UK
|123456: is the unique engine number
|P: is the year of manufacture
In the example above, engine is an 1106D-E66TA engine with a turbocharger
- 1106 is a 1.1L displacement per cylinder and six cylinders
- D signifies that this engine is suitable for EU Stage III / U.S. EPA Tier 3 equivalent emissions standards
- E identifies the engine has an electronic management system
- 66 confirms the engine has a total displacement of 6.6 litres
- TA means the engine has a turbocharger and is air-to-air charge cooled
What do I need to enter in the search?
The minimum requirement to produce a result in the engine serial number search tool is the initial build list element, (2 to 4 letters followed by 4 or 5 numbers). Including the full entry of 15 or more digits will deliver the best results.
- Do not enter spaces or symbols such as asterisks as the number will not be recognized.
- Clean and check the plate carefully, as letters and numbers may look the same.
- Capital letters are not required, the system recognizes both lower- and upper-case letters.
Typical examples of engines serial numbers
Small and medium engines PJ12345U123456P
1300 Series WGHF1234N13245U
1500 Series LGFF132N13245U
1600 Series XGDF134N12345W
2000 Series TGAF1234N12345A
4000 Series DGBF1324U12345B
Older engines SGA123456U1234Y
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
Typical errors in electrical installation – what is correct and what is not Have you ever questioned your knowledge of electrical
introduction If you live in Nigeria and do businesses in any of the major cities such as Lagos, Abuja, Port
UNDERSTAND YOUR ENGINE PLATE, KNOW THE PARTS YOU NEED FOR YOUR ENGINE Over the years Perkins has produced hundreds of
Hey, thank you for that decision to buy a generator. It has become an integral part of life and living